Winter skin and how to take care of your skin during this season
The sudden changes in temperature at this time of the year can make your skin feel patched and dry. Cold air, dry indoor heat, low humidity levels and hash winter wind can take away your skin moisture and that is the reason why your skin looking a lot less radiant than normal.
Here are some tips that may help.
- Don’t over cleanse as it strips the skin from natural oils forcing it to produce even more sebum and create more breakouts.
- Change to a cleansing milk, cream or balm if you normally use a foaming face wash or facewipe.
- Oils and balms feel very comfortable on the skin. You can choose one for your skin type even if you have oily skin.
- Exfoliate your skin. Topical exfoliants in liquid form are far more effective than granular scrubs which can be too harsh.
- Use tones/pads with AHA acids .Alpha hydroxy acids are a group of natural acids found in foods. Alpha hydroxy acids include citric acid (found in citrus fruits), glycolic acid (found in sugar cane), lactic acid (found in sour milk and tomato juice), malic acid (found in apples), tartaric acid (found in grapes), and others. AHA acids help to exfoliate, brighten, plump and smooth, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, boost circulation and boots product absorption.
- Use hydrating face masks to add extra moisture to your skin.
- Do not be tempted to use hot water for cleansing, use warm water.
- Continue to use an SPF in the winter months. SPF with moisturizer is highly recommended for those winter months.
- Try these following types of facials, which can be beneficial to your winter skin and here at Feature Clinic, we finish off all our facials with a relaxing facial massage and collagen facemask.
Chemical peel facial, with 40% Glycolic acid. It is a type of chemical exfoliation which provides your skin with brightness.Glycolic acid is used to buffer the skin surface, revealing fresh new skin beneath. Glycolic acid also has the added benefit of reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation, signs of aging, and is effective on breakouts.
Bespoke facial. As the name suggests, a personalised facial to suit individual needs, such as blemish prone skin, ageing skin, pigmented skin, puffiness or dark circles under eyes. Though concerns are addressed with various applicators and specially selected serums and gels, finished with a relaxing massage and collagen facemask.
Hydrodermabrasion facial is a mechanical, deep cleanse and exfoliation for all skin types. It cleans and hydrates the skin via gentle exfoliation with hydro serum penetrating and flushing out the impurities in the pores. Vacuum suction removes dead skin cells and debris, revealing clean, glowing skin.
The favourite of all time, microdermabrasion, which is a mechanical exfoliation for ageing skin, hyperpigmentation and acne scars. It renews overall skin tone and texture. An applicator with a diamond abrasive head gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells. The vacuum suction removes them, resulting in a smoother surface of skin.
Guasha facial is a gentle and relaxing treatment, with the benefit of relieving tension and puffiness. After a double cleanse, skin is massaged with a gua sha tool (which is a jade stone), promoting lymphatic drainage, blood circulation and tension relief.
Last but not least, our latest facial, microneedling, a minimum invasive treatment that boots collagen production from within. Done by using super fine needle and hand picked serum that is tackle your skin concern. This facial is good for anyone who wants smoother skin texture without surgical facelift.